description

"Write what you need to read." ~Brene Brown

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Love What You Do, No Matter What!



Awesome Shipping Clerk at RedBubble.com
Mary Poppins advised the Banks children with the following advice:

"In every job that's to be done, there is an element of fun. Find the fun, and…Snap! The job's a game!"

Here's a lovely example of making ordinary tasks extraordinary:

Yesterday, I received a confirmation email regarding some greeting cards I had ordered. Usually, they're all the same. Bland, boring, "have a nice day" with no twinkle.

What I read made me glad to have done business with the company, and I'm very likely to order from them again, based on the email which read:

"Hello again ,
Exciting news! Your order has been completed and the shipping company will no doubt be waking up their postmen and pointing them in your general direction this very instant……
This completes your order - all items have now been shipped.

If in the unlikely event you're not absolutely in love with your hand-crafted goodies, you can request an easy exchange.

Until next time, 
Mr. Baxter - Assistant Deputy Director of Parcel Tape

Maybe it's just me, because I'm a geek like that, but this delighted me. It makes me want to do business with this company

I don't know whether Mr. Baxter is real, or something the company made up. Whether this guy in his dream job, or merely taking what he's doing to an art form.  Either way, I want to do business with them again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughtful insights are a valuable part of the conversation. Thank you for contributing!