description

"Write what you need to read." ~Brene Brown

Saturday, November 30, 2013

What Have You Done Today to Make You Feel Proud??

Peacock Pride - Go on and strut your stuff!!
I had an extraordinary moment this morning that I've been savoring all day.

One little line of a song. 

If we were to ask and answer this question with our loved ones each day, what a great world it would be.  

This morning, I taught an intenSati class, with my intention being to bring what I love about intenSati into the hearts of the people who showed up for class today. At the heart of every class is the idea that we hold an intention. A dream.  Something we're moving toward.

My intention today? To bring my best game forward to other people in the room so that they will fall in love with intenSati, and more importantly, themselves. Their radiant, amazing, authentic selves.

So there was this moment I had which my friend Maria would describe as a "yummy."

In the background, Heather Small is singing Proud, And the line is, "What have you done today to make you feel proud?"

What I was doing in that moment made me feel proud. What the students were doing was filling them with pride. My heart opened up completely, and I was filled with the radiant beauty of that moment, and each person in that room radiated authentic pride, and they glowed with a radiance I can't begin to describe..

There are two kinds of proud.  Ego Proud, and Authentic Proud.  This was the latter.. It was palpable.

To be honest, I made several mistakes. The students got me on track and that made them feel powerful!.  We don't have to be perfect. We can certainly strive for perfection. We can do our best and learn from our blunders and mis-steps.  We just can't wait until we're perfect to get in the game.  

What's your intention? What do you long for? It's time to get in the game.  It starts with a vision.  If you dare, bring it to mind. Imagine seeing it, hearing it, sensing it both inside and outside your being. Smell the smells. Stand up, and say out loud, I am THAT.  Feel what it's like to ACTIVELY Have It NOW..... 

Now continue to hold that vision and decide on what small actions you will need to take in this small day.  

What you think about, you bring about. 

Don't believe me??? Take it for a test drive.  Still holding that vision? Still standing? Imagine your intention and listen to this song. All the way through.  And say it out loud, "I AM THAT!!
And imagine, at the end of the day, being able to provide an answer to this simple, beautiful question. 

1 comment:

  1. Liz - - - I loved this post and the song! Thanks - - - you are doing so many wonderful things and I love reading about them. You are making a huge difference in lives of many people and the number is growing. Love you!
    Y'vonne

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughtful insights are a valuable part of the conversation. Thank you for contributing!